Updated: Dec 20, 2022
I decided to make these Gluten-Free Christmas M&M Cookies on a whim this weekend after seeing so many festive cookies across social media!
This was my first time using gluten-free flour in a cookie recipe (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour) and they turned out really tasty!
The reason I wanted to make them gluten-free was because I come across so many people who have gluten allergies, including my lovely neighbor and friend who I wanted to gift some of these to. However, my husband I ate them all so we will have to make another batch for her but the thought was there!
The recipe is pretty easy to follow and was created based off my own chocolate chip cookie recipe and inspiration from glutenfreebaking.com.
Feel free to add chocolate chips or walnuts for more sweetness!
Don't forget to get your copy of Meals and Memories with Nonno for healthy, Italian family recipes and stories about Angelo "Nonno" Iovine who lived to be 101 years old!
You will need:
-2.5 cups gluten-free flour
-3/4 cups sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
-2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
-1-2 cups of M&Ms
1) Soften butter on stove top or microwave.
2) Cream together brown sugar and sugar and add butter once it's cooled. Mix together.
3) Add eggs one at a time and mix together then add vanilla.
4) Add flour, salt, baking soda and powder. Mix well using handheld mixer if available or whisk very well.
5) Add M&M's and save some for the top.
6) Let dough cool in the refrigerator for 20-45 min.
7) Heat oven to 350* and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
8) Scoop dough out and roll into ball. Ice cream scoopers are great for this!
9) Place about 2 inches apart, depending on the size of your cookie.
10) Bake for 12-16 minutes depending on oven and cookie size.
11) When done, place M&M's on top.
Click here to get your copy of Meals and Memories with Nonno today!
Want to share your meals and memories? Submit your recipe!